Home

In the final day of making, we have luckily all compromised and found an ideas we agreed with, so whilst people prepared to print, me and a few of the others tried to source a cover for the publication. When we went to the shops it became too complicated (and pricey) to buy a single piece of card for each book, as we were planning on making quite a few, that instead we decided to go for empty card research files. This was actually a really perfect idea and fitted well with the general theme of research, although it wasn’t our original plan. Julianna and Megan also found a very fitting typeface which could be laser cut into the covers, like our dummy from the last session. We did try to put Domenika’s texture photocopy behind again but the contrast wasn’t strong enough that it just made the title seem a little redundant. Instead we chose a bold risogragh As sheet which looked so much better. Instead we used to the texture to create a contents of our names for the inside, which takes the work back to some of the traditional publication structure.¬† IMG_9272 IMG_9275 IMG_9262 IMG_9263 IMG_9265 IMG_9268

IMG_9298 IMG_9299 IMG_9300 IMG_9301 IMG_9302 IMG_9294 IMG_9297

Thoroughout the project Mireille fauchon was very supportive of all of our ideas as a group, especially where we have quite a few problems with struggling of the collaboration progress, as sometimes there are sacrifices and ways in which people have to compromise which became a struggle, but once we got over that hiccup, the process became very professional, and the outcome became we regarded at the final exhibition. In the end I think it was a really huge learning curve, not only producing a publication, but doing so in a group where all of our work became very diverse. I’m glad that in the end all of our pages were intertwined together and became a piece of work all together, rather than half heartedly putting them next to each other. But collaborating our imagery the narrative becomes a complex flow of ideas and inspirations that hopefully people will be abl to recognise, became part of our Final Major Project.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s